Jet Card FAQ’s
1. What is the difference between a statute mile and a nautical mile?
The statute mile is a mile on land, and is equal to 5280 feet. While the nautical mile is based on the circumference of the earth, and is equal to one minute of latitude. A nautical mile varies from 6046 feet on the Equator to 6092 feet at latitude 60°. This difference is due to the Earth not being a perfect sphere, but slightly flattened at the poles - an oblate spheroid. It is slightly more than a statute (land measured) mile: 1 nautical mile = 1.1508 statute miles. The ‘standard’ nautical mile is taken as 6080 feet.
2. How do I calculate the mileage for my trip?
Total statute miles between any airport pair(s) may be obtained at Great Circle Mapper.
3. How do I calculate my total cost for a trip?
DISTANCE CARD™ flight charges are calculated using the following mileage based formula: Total Miles x Price Per Mile = Total Cost
4. Are pets allowed to fly on these jets?
Yes, we are a pet friendly service. Please be sure to let us know in advance if you will be traveling with pets so we can ensure your aircraft is pet-friendly.
5. Can I schedule the use of multiple aircraft on the same day?
Yes, Cardmembers may schedule multiple aircraft for separate trip requirements falling on the same day. However, availability for multiple aircraft on the same day is not guaranteed.
6. Does the Cardmember have to be on board the aircraft?
The Cardmember does not have to be on board the aircraft, but must to grant permission for the new lead passenger.
7. How many passengers are guaranteed in each jet category?
The DISTANCE CARD™ guarantees the following number of passengers in each aircraft category:
Small Jet = 4 passengers
Light Jet = 6 passengers
Mid Jet = 7 passengers
Super-Mid Jet = 8 passengers
Heavy Jet = 10 passengers
8. Will my DISTANCE CARD™ mileage rates ever change or expire?
No, mileage rates are locked in at the time of purchase and are guaranteed until the account balance is exhausted.
9. Is catering and ground transportation included on DISTANCE CARD™ flights?
Packaged snacks and beverages are included on DISTANCE CARD™ flights. Customized catering orders and ground transportation are invoiced separately and deducted from Cardmembers' jet card balance. Airstream Jets does not mark-up the cost of these services.
10. Who do I call to arrange my DISTANCE CARD™ flights?
To confirm a trip simply call, email, or text your designated flight coordinator on their direct line or call our main office at +1-561-826-7056.
11. How much lead time is required for DISTANCE CARD™ flight reservations?
A minimum of 48 hours lead time for all one-way, multi-leg one-way, round trip and multi-leg round trip reservations, and a minimum of 72 hours lead time for all international reservations is required. For Peak Travel Days, a minimum of 72 hours lead time for all one-way, multi-leg one-way, round trip and multi-leg round trip reservations, and a minimum of 5 days lead time for all international reservations is required.
12. Can the DISTANCE CARD™ be used for international flights?
Yes. The DISTANCE CARD™ guarantees mileage pricing for over 250 International Destinations in the Caribbean, Mexico, Canada and Bermuda. To see all of our International Destinations click here.
A 20% premium on standard DISTANCE CARD™ mileage rates will apply to flights to/from qualifying destinations in the Caribbean, Mexico, Canada and Bermuda. Customized mileage rates are available for all other international destinations worldwide on a trip by trip basis.
13. Does pricing for the Heavy Jet category include a flight attendant?
14. Does the DISTANCE CARD™ have Peak Day surcharges?
Yes. A 20% premium on standard DISTANCE CARD™ mileage rates will apply to all flights on Peak Travel Days. Peak Days for 2018 and 2019 can be viewed here.